Pressing a knitted or crocheted garment
Pressing a Knitted or Crocheted Garment
1. Use a damp cotton cloth
2. Use a low heat setting on the iron
3. Lay the garment out on a flat surface like an ironing board (or a counter top or table covered with a towel, if the item is large)
4. Place the damp cloth over the garment before using the iron.
5. Iron slowly and carefully. Make sure the damp cloth is over the garment and only iron on the damp cloth never directly onto the garment itself. Hover the iron, don't press hard.
6. Keep the cloth dampened. Rewetting and wringing it out often.
7. Be careful if ironing acrylic fabric as it will burn or scorch very easily.
8. If cotton fabric has a mixed blend it is best to treat it as if acrylic.
9. Curling edges: straighten out and cover with the damp cloth a small area at a time making sure that the edges are flat.
By Pumpkin Spice
If you enjoyed this page, I'd love it if you'd let me know. Just click the button below. Thank you.
Remember in the digital world, sharing is caring.